Monday, January 12, 2015

Liberty of London Mod Podge Mini Tree


I had ambitious plans for projects that I was going to make before Christmas. Did I get to all of them? The answer is "no".

One of the projects I was going to do was to make a mini tree with Liberty of London fabrics. I saved scraps for this project; even the tiniest pieces! My Christmas decorations are all put away, but I still wanted to make this tree for next Christmas.

All you need for this project is a little wooden tree, white paint for the base if you decided to paint it, fabric scraps, little bit of Mod podge, and a brush. This is such a easy going and low key project. If you are going to try this, my advice to you is just go with the flow... cut, paste, look at the color combinations and cut, paste... so on.

I covered all the surfaces of the tree; even the bottom part.

I hear that many people say January is kind of depressing because all the excitement of Christmas has passed. I figured that it doesn't need to be that way... many of the things that make the Christmas season so special can stay with us year around; being charitable, forgiving, loving, inclusive, being thoughtful and so on and so forth. I have decided not to put away this mini tree. It will be sitting pretty on the shelf in my sewing room year round to remind me of all the good things about Christmas.

11 comments :

  1. Very cute !!!!! A great idea !!!!! Thank you so much !!!!!!
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!
    I love all those snipets of fabric together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, saving the tiniest scraps and finding the perfect project for them! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Can you please tell me where you found your tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at Michaels before Christmas. I don't know if they carry it all year round or if it was just before Christmas... good luck! :)

      Delete
  5. very very cute! I have to remember this for my next christmas ornament making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. g'day
    lovely little tree, great idea for all the tiny scraps.
    i don't think it's a case of getting depressed because the excitement has gone, rather it's everyone coming down off all the foods, all that sugar & rich meats? most wouldn't see any of that food during the year then they gorge themselves on it in one day!
    i get down around xmas but then brighten up as we get into january (grandma died at xmas when i was little, never got over it)
    great post
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea I wish I could fint that kind of tree in Croatia :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin